ABOUT THE ARTIST
Creativity came naturally for Renee’ Piskorski, who grew up in Wyoming, under the talented influence of her father.
Nurtured by time spent outdoors camping, hiking, and fishing, fueled her love of nature, and moved her to take up the pencil and brush.
From grizzlies and elk in the wilderness, to the songbirds in her own backyard, much time is spent just observing wildlife. Learning about their habits, behaviors, movements and gestures, have been invaluable to her work.
Striving to capture the setting, feeling and atmosphere of the field, Renee’ paints exclusively in oil on location and in the studio.
Although her studies have been mostly independent, Renee’ is fortunate to have received instruction from many exceptional artists, including Clyde Aspevig. The most important lesson learned is painting from life.
“The wild places and its many beautiful creatures have always been my inspiration. I hope to convey through my paintings, the sense of wonder, truth, and peace of the natural world.”
Shows and awards include:
- Cheyenne Frontier Days Invitational Art Show and Sale
- First place oil – “Prairies and Peaks” Plein Art Show and Sale – 2011
- Grand Prize – Wyoming Conservation Stamp Show and Sale – 2003 & 2012
- People’s Choice Award – Wyoming Plein Air Art Show and Sale – 2009
- Paint the Parks – juried Art Show and Sale – 2009
- Arts For the Parks – juried Art Show and Sale – 2004
- Several other juried shows, including Western Spirit Show & Sale, and the Northern Colorado Art Show and Sale
Her work is included in collections throughout the U.S., Canada, Japan and Europe.
Renee’ is represented by Deselms Fine Art in Cheyenne, Wyoming